Friday, May 6, 2011

About me



My name is Julia and I am an army wife. I’ve decided to start a blog because we are about to start a new life at Fort Sill OK, in 20 Days.  I looked all over the net to do research on the area and did not find much, so I’m going to blog the life we make in Oklahoma, maybe I can help people who are also PCSing (Permanent Change of Station) to Fort sill in the future.
A little about me:
I am married to the love of my life, Danny. We met in Germany when I was in high school. I ‘m an army brat, army is all I know, but is very different to me now that I am an army wife instead of being a dependant. We have a one year old son Aiden who is the joy of our lives. He is very entertaining and I love the new daily challenges he brings to our lives.

 Aiden Happy to be out of the car, Woodland Zoo in Seattle last week, we had a really nice day.


 We are currently finishing up our time here in Fort Lewis Washington.  It was an interesting 4 years, and it was our first duty station together.  Although we have been stationed here for the past 4 years, 2 of those I was in Fort Hood Texas with my Family during my husband’s deployments.  So the 2 years of actually physically being in Washington was awesome, except for the weather of course. It’s no joke, Washington gets a lot of rain, but that’s why it’s so beautiful and green.  For those who may be going to Lewis, it’s not a bad base.  There is so much to do in this area, to name a few things we have done….. Skiing, zoos, pike place market in Seattle, Space needle, museums, Mt. Rainier, tons of shopping outlets, and we also found a small town that had a lot of antique shops.
I will miss the friends I have made here, but I look forward to our next chapter. Oklahoma here we come…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment