Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Praying



All soldiers are always in my prayers, but seem like we need a little more prayer.


This has not been a good week in Afghanistan, not that any week is really but I've been reading posts on my facebook of friends who have lost someone, or they know someone who has got hurt. No matter who you are I am praying for YOU, your family and friends. I know this is the worst possible news and it feels like the end of the world. I can't make your pain go away but I can tell you that your soldier is a HERO and will never be forgotten and I am so sorry for your loss. When I lost my dad in Iraq it was not easy, but for me I just tried hard to remember all the good memories and know that he loved being a soldier.

The Army is all I know, born into it and married into it. I have no idea what it's like not to be apart of the Military, but I think on days like today I am ready

to not miss my husband anymore, and have him home forever.

 to not worry that he will leave again.

to not explain to my son where Daddy is.

to meet amazing people, and love them to but know I will be gone in 3 years and have to start all over again.


Don't get me wrong I love being a army wife, but somedays it's nice to wonder how life would be if we were not military.

To all the Army Wives out there, you are strong and I respect every single one of you.


1 comment:

  1. Julia, this post made me cry. Army wives and brats sacrifice so much!

    A Butler county 26 yr old marine was buried here last week. so sad.


    Love ya, aunt rhonda

    ReplyDelete