Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Surprise Baby Shower

I have never done a surprise party of any sort before, I was really nervous about someone giving it away (me mostly) Many of you probably follow Ashleigh from Life as I know it, a few friends (Kimberly and Maria) and I surprised her and it was a success.

Planning

 Ashleigh decided that the nursery theme is Peter Rabbit and that's all I needed to get the ball rolling, that and her husband on board to get her to the restaurant, we would be hosting it at.

Invites

Facebook makes it really easy to plan surprise parties, because all you need to do is set the party as private and tell all that is invited to shhhhhh.

How cute is this invite made by Maria.



I wanted to come up with cute peter rabbit ideas and and this is what I came up with.

First I looked online and Amazon has super cut peter rabbit party supplies, but since I was on a Budget I just got this Peter Rabbit cupcake set.


I was looking to use things I already had at home, the glass pebbles I got from the dollar tree forever was a good start. I just went online and found some free printable's and printed away. I uses Mod podge to stick to bottom of pebbles.


What do you think?



This is what I printed.






The images I printed were framed, and put on the ends on clothespins.



Games


The Games we played were Baby Babble which was a word scramble, a memory game, the toilet paper around the belly and the price is right with baby items listed.
I thought adding the Rabbit was cute.

Gift

I wanted to make a cute and unique gift, and Modge Pod is my BFF.




Cut the pages from the book and glued to the letters, I was very happy she liked it.




The Surprise



The set up


The sweets


THE SURPRISE





It was tons of fun and I so happy that we were able to pull if off, her reaction was all worth it.










Some photos were taken by Ashley Cabelka @ Front Porch Photography
Cake was made by Grace Kunkel @ Sugar Fairy Cakes a Sweets 




2 comments:

  1. AND i loved every single thing about it!!! Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shower ideas! I love that you cut out of a book to cover the letters!

    ReplyDelete