Friday, June 8, 2012

Cancer Sucks!!



Cancer truly sucks!! Roughly 7.2 to 7.5 million people worldwide die from cancer each year. In the United States alone where cancer death statistics are highly monitored each year has seen a steady death rate of 550,000 to 600,000 people year after year, or roughly 1,500 people per day. (http://www.nanomedicinecenter.com/article/how-many-people-die-from-cancer-each-year/ )  This number is insane and very scary. Even the healthiest people can't ind from it, they can decrease their chances but it still sucks that there is NOTHING you can really do to prevent it 100%.

Later today I am walking with many others with the Relay for Life event. I've never done anything like this before but I really wanted to support and try and raise money to help find cures. I have lost all my grandparents to some type on cancer. I walk for them and all those who have lost their battle and for those who are currently fighting.

So far the team I am a part of The Cure Crew has raised $4,059.44. Our goal is 4,500. You can still help!

DONATE HERE Any thing will help, and it means a lot!


 My Grandpa & Grandma Fred & Cathy McGinnis
My grandpa was only 48 & my grandma was only 61.
They are both missed very much.



My Opa was 70 & My Oma was 69. We love and miss you.





Ready for the Relay!!










1 comment: